FLAG Application for ID
The list Registered Manufacturers Identification Characters is maintained by the FLAG Association:
The FLAG Association Limited
A private company limited by guarantee, Registered No. 2660132, Registered Office: Westminster Tower,
3 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7SL, UK.
Application form see below.
The 3 letter Sign On ID sequences are used for meter data exchange as stated in:
- IEC 62056-21:2002 (IEC 61107 third edition) - Data exchange for meter reading, tariff and load control - Direct local data exchange (mainly optical port)
- IEC 62056-62:2006 - Data exchange for meter reading, tariff and load control - Interface Classes (the first three octets of the COSEM Logical Device Name)
- CEN EN 1434-3 Heat meters - Data exchange and interfaces (M-Bus)
Procedure for the issue and control of 3 letter Sign On ID sequences
- The Flag Association Ltd. has accepted the responsibility of administrating the 3 letter sign on sequences for use in conjunction with the protocol standard IEC 62056-21 (was IEC 1107).
- The Association will register 3 letter sequences from all manufacturers who are designing equipment in conformance with the standard.
- The registration will be at no charge to the applicant company. (Subject to review).
- The Association will issue and register 3 letter sign on sequences in strict order of application and will inform the applicant company of the registration.
- The Association will inform an applicant if their requested 3 letter sequence is already assigned and will suggest an alternative.
- The requested 3 letter sequences will be registered in Upper Case and will be considered to be applicable to all combinations of the 3 letters in Upper or Lower cases. e.g. ABC will also imply registration of ABC, aBC, AbC, ABc, abC, aBc, Abc and abc. These 3 letters must be chosen from the 26 letters in the English alphabet (A to Z).
- The Association will circulate all assigned sequences at regular intervals through IEC TC13 WG14, CEN TC294, the DLMS User Association and other bodies as appropriate.
- A list of assigned sequences may be requested direct from the Association.
- The application for a 3 letter sequence should be made to the Association on the correct form - note that only one 3-letter Manufacturer's ID will be issued to any one manufacturer.
Application for 3 letter Manufacturer's ID Sequence - IEC 62056-21
Please register the following 3 letters as the authorised Sign On sequence for this company. I understand that if this sequence has already been registered then I will be informed and asked to make another choice.
You may also print the the Fax Application form, and send it to
John Parsons (Fax No + 44 207 793 3003)
The Flag Association Ltd.
3 Albert Embankment
Please send also a short e-mail notice