OBIS code maintenance process
To cover new applications, new OBIS codes and COSEM objects can be requested by any user of the DLMS/COSEM specification. The process is the following:
1. Requests shall be sent by email to the DLMS UA. The request shall include:
- The name and the organisation of the person requesting the new items;
- A concise description of the intended application and
- The proposed OBIS code and interface class. If no proposal is made, the DLMS UA will specify them.
2. Requests are circulated to the DLMS UA Maintenance Working Group generally for two weeks comments and approval.
3. When approved, the request is accepted and the new codes are added. The requestor is notified.
4. If necessary, the maintenance of the Blue Book and the IEC standards is initiated.